About the Mens MINISTRY
In order to have a strong and balanced Christian men’s ministry, our goal is to build a framework of non-negotiables. “The difference between a student and a master is, the master has failed more times than the student has tried”
MOTTO: “I think the way life has been structured is in such a way that we give platforms and foundations to the next generation, and this should be the natural way of living.” ― Lawrence Namale
Brother Dwayne Jefferson
Interested in information related to dating and marriage?
Below are a couple of videos that share valuable insight regarding relationships from a Christian perspective. If anyone is interested, we can have a group discussion about the content shared in the videos via Zoom!
Times are TBD
Provides mentoring which is focused on investing in the lives of young boys, teenagers, & young men, through Godly counseling, descipleship, fellowship, spritual guidance, leadership, & service.
Father Daughter Social
This event will be designed to celebrate our young ladies create yet another spiritual bonding event. Some events may be informal while others may be formal.
The FBC Annual fishing tournament is an event that FBC Men like to host as a time to mentor and spend time with the youth of FBC. We invite young anglers, fisherman, and bass anglers to join us we aim to make you fisherman of "MEN"!
Men's Annual Bar B Que Cook-off
This event provides the Men of FBC and opportunity to shocase their grill master culinary skills but first and foremost serve God's people.
Who can join?
- FILLING – God’s man is a self-feeder. Consistently studying and applying God’s Word independent of the church or small group is essential. To do this, a man must be taught how to study the Bible. We are building the framework to support a monthly meeting with the pastor or small-group leader to teach Bible interpretation skills (1 Peter 2:1-3; Psalm 1:1-3).
- TRAINING – God’s man receives regular biblical instruction (1 Thessalonians 2:13). This will be achieved through our monthly small-group Bible study that will include and not be limited to small-group discussions.
- PRACTICING – God’s man learns how to apply God’s Word to all areas of life. It is essential to allowing room for accountability within the men’s ministry for the purpose of consistency and obedience to God’s Word (James 1:22-25; Ezekiel 33:30-32).
- UNITING – God’s man makes it a priority to connect with other men at least two times a month for the purpose of community, accountability, confession, and prayer (Galatians 6:1-3; James 5:16; Hebrews 10:23-24).
- SURVIVING – God’s man learns to address major life temptations and/or crises according to his need and life-stage. Support and encouragement from the ministry leader and small group is essential (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
- REACHING – God’s man gets involved in some form of men’s ministry based on his gifts and talents. God has called each of us to pour out to others what He has poured into us (1 Peter 4:10-11; Ephesians 4:11-13)
- IMPACTING – God’s man invests time and resources into the lives of other men. We suggest one-on-one connection through shared activities, spiritual mentoring, and modeling (2 Tim 2:22; Proverbs 27:17; Mark 3:13-14).
- SHARING – God’s man learns to actively share his faith in order to lead others into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15; Matthew 28:18-20).